HomeAbout MeMy ShopGallery

Thursday, June 27, 2013

KNITTING AT THE BEACH NEW YARN SHOP MANDALA and LOVELY BEACH GLASS and STASH BUSTER CHALLENGE


Good Day Everyone,

My Sweetie and I went for a day drive to Ludington to just take in a lovely Summer day in Michigan. We love the peaceful feeling of this area and seeing the beauty of our unique and glorious Sandy Lake Shore.

We also discovered that Other Michiganders Love this area as much as we do.



My first glance out the window I discovered "Yarn" floating in the breeze.  Sheila and her DH had drove many hours to visited Ludington too.
  With her New Stash from "Nautical Yarns" Sheila headed for the "Park"  to start her knitting project and enjoy the beauty of the "Beach".  Thanks Sheila for the lovely chat and letting me take your photo.



Many Mandala...

I just learned how to create Mandalas......I have truly enjoyed crocheting theses wee beauties. These are My Pretty In Pink Mandalas.

 Pattern from "Made In K-Town" by Barbara.

What do you think??



This Blue and Yellow Mandala was given as a gift to My SIS..  Blue and Yellow are My SIS favorite Colors. 

Pretty, Hey????



As a"Birthday Pressie" I also knitted "My SIS" a "Ruffled Scarf" and "Heart Sachet" filled with Lavender from My Garden..



I have discovered a Another New Yarn Shop.. 

"Ivelise's Yarn Shop" in St. Joseph Michigan and OH, what a pretty yarn shop it is.  The owner is behind the counter..She was very helpful and kind. 

I think I have developed a "Great Weakness" for lovely yarns.

 Look what I bought....


AND YES,

 I did buy some "Pretty In Pink" Rowan Cotton Yarns.




My Garden is looking so very "Awesome" this year. 

This photo is of Our "Kousa Dogwood"..... Look at those beautiful blooms.  It gave us a Very Grand Show this year...



Click Here to read about the "Stash-Buster Challenge" and  the
  Summer  LINK PARTY
Thanks to Linda and Ana for this wonderful idea. Greatly appreciated.


I am also
 Linking to Pink Saturday.



I am rather new at crocheting and even though I have bought several books and have learned the basic from them it has been the "Lovely Ladies" and their crocheting blogs I have found most inspiring and I have learned a lot from everyone.. 

 I am a visual person and I have especially learned heaps from the "Fantastic Tutorials" and Videos Tutorials..

I give a huge "THANK YOU" to "Everyone" who takes the "Time" to do a Videos or Photo Tutorials because this is really how I have learned to progress in my crocheting skills. 

I  am sooooo enjoying the Joy of Crocheting.




Look what My Sweetie and I found during our walk along our Beautiful Lake Shore. 

Yes, More Beach Glass. 

These wee beauties just shimmers in the Sun...
I will use them in a very special
 Art Piece soon.

I am going to take a "Blogging Break" to enjoy our Brief Summer with family and friends. 

I will see you all again in "September" at which time I will have a "Giveaway" to celebrate My 7 years of blogging. 

Hugs Judy

33 comments:

Betsy said...

Oh you will be missed until September. This was a wonderful post. Love the mandela's and the beach glass. What fun to meet a fellow knitter at the beach. We do seem to populate the world don't we?
My lavender is very prolific this year too. How do I dry it to make sachets?
Enjoy the rest of the summer my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Jennifer Hays said...

I hope you enjoy the summer, I will miss you. Your mandalas are beautiful. I never would have guessed that you were fairly new to crochet! I love sea glass; you found some lovely bits.

Joy said...

Hi Judy - September seems such a long time to wait for another of your lovely posts, but I do hope you have a wonderful summer and will look forward to your return!
Your mandalas are lovely - and your sister's pressies - and I do like your new pink yarn -what a gorgeous yarn shop that looks, complete with comfy chairs!
Your garden is, as usual, looking wonderful - I would love to have a gentle stroll through it!
I'll be looking forward to seeing what you do with that lovely sea glass treasure trove, and in the meantime, keep well and happy and enjoy your friends through the summer,
Joy xo

Bev C said...

Hello Judy,

Happy holidays to you and your family, enjoy your time together. Love the crochet you are doing at the present,especially liked the heart filled with Lavender. Great that you got to speak to the lady knitting, always lovely to strike up a conversation with someone like that.

Happy days.
Bev.

Teresa Kasner said...

I am so impressed with your mandalas! And I am a lover of sea glass too.. what will you make with it? Enjoy your summer.. are you giving up reading blogs for 3 months, too? I'll miss you! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Jane said...

I love going out and seeing other people crafting.
Great gifts for your sister, love the lavender filled heart. It's even more special when it's filled with lavender from your garden

Vicki Boster said...

Judy- it's always so much fun to discover a new yarn shop-- new treasures to find!!! Finding one at the beach is even better! Your crochet creations are stunning-- I could not do that in a thousand years!!

Thanks for your visit and making me smile:)

Vicki

Kris said...

Hi Judy. Thanks so much for visiting me at Simplify! I have just had a look around and love what I see. I shall be back soon.
Hugs,
Kris

Astri said...

Another wonderful post - love the mandala, the yarn shop the cotton, everything. Have a great Summer break Judy. I will look forward to seeing what you have been up to in September. Thank you for being such an awesome follower of my blog - makes me feel so good!

Suztats said...

Have a wonderful summer, Judy! Your crocheting is wonderful.
I aspire to learn crocheting, too. One of these days...........

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Judy!
I love, love the ruffled scarf you knitted for your sister! The mandalas are pretty, also. You are getting quite a collection of sea glass. The pieces are just beautiful. Have a wonderful break! See you in September, the Good Lord Willing.

Mosaic Magpie said...

Love the blue and yellow madalas! Have a wonderful break!
Deb

Rustic Vintage Country said...

I do love Mandalas so well done for creating some. I'm so jealous of the sea glass, it's beautiful! See you in September, enjoy your break and have fun! x

Mereknits said...

Judy, enjoy your break. Rest, relax and enjoy the beauty of Michigan, new yarn and family and friends.
Hugs,
Meredith

Patti said...

Last summer, I tried my hand at crocheting granny squares. I found lots of tutorials, too! It's wonderful what ws can find on the Internet. Your work is beautiful. Mine....that's another story. Lol!h

Anonymous said...

Those look like such sweet yarn shops! I don't have any shops near me so I am left with having to order online... not much personality or nurturing involved that way but one does the best they can I guess. I love those mandalas, especially in pink! :D
Have a wonderful and creative rest of the summer my friend and see you in September!
Hugs,
Beth P

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Judy 7 years of blogging now that does not seem possible, I can see you have shown everyone the beautiful gifts you made for my birthday, the lavender heart hangs on my bedpost so I nod off to the sweet scent of your gift, the scarf i have used for our Melbourne winter and the Madala sits under a Buddha statue, all very very well loved and used. Your garden looks like it is giving you a glorious show. I will wait to see where the lovely glass ends up. hugs Lyn

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Hi, Judy. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the sweet comment. I am from Michigan also -- Midland.

Your Kousa Dogwood is spectacular. The flowers certainly are showstoppers.

Debra

Judy S. said...

Have fun at the beach and with relatives! Your post brought back memories of time a friend's cabin long ago near St. Joe. Isn't Ludington where the ferry from WI docks? Have you ever taken it? Enjoy your blogging break; you will be missed!

LaVerne said...

Thanks so much for visiting Riverside Gardens for Pink Saturday! Loved your pretty flowers and the yarn shop. I agree that yarn shop people are just the most helpful of all shopkeepers! We have a new yarn shop in town and every visit is just a little mini-vacation for the creative side in me and my friends. glad to have discovered your blog. While you enjoy a summer break, I'll visit some of your earlier posts to admire your beautiful work!

Solstitches said...

Another lovely post Judy.
How nice to meet a fellow crafter while you were out and about for the day.
Your crochet is really lovely and what a beautiful scarft you made for your sister.
How nice to have a new yarn store to browse. I love the new yarn you bought and wonder what it will turn into.
Hugs,
Margaret

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh you talented girl, you!!!!!! I'm so envious --since I have none of these talents. You truly do fabulous work!!!!! Ever thought about opening your own shop??????

Knitting at the Beach sounds like the perfect way to spend a summer day... When we go to the beach in May (in NC)--the wind is blowing so hard that it's hard to even read on the beach.. BUT--I certainly enjoy snoozing.... ha

Have a great day... Fabulous photos.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ladybird Diaries said...

I love the mandalas you have made, they are very pretty.
M x

Down by the sea said...

Hi Judy,
I thought you had been crocheting for ages as your work looks so good! The blooms on your dogwood are stunning. Hope you have a wonderful summer with your family. Thank you for all the lovely comments you leave me.
Sarah x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How nice to find a fellow yarn junkie at the beach. :) You have made some lovely projects. I love the mandalas. Will have to give the pattern a try. I haven't been crocheting or blogging much. Enjoy your summer! I should be planning our trip to the States since we leave in 12 days, but just can't seem to get into the swing of it. Best wishes, Tammy

serendipity said...

Lovely mandalas. Enjoy your summer break :)

Hilde said...

The mandalas are beautiful, and so are the ruffled scarf and heart satchet. You are very clever!
Love the photos from your garden and the sea glass. Can't wait to see what you will be making.
Enjoy your summer break, Judy. Hugs :)

Anonymous said...

I have a sis who knits for me! Its a talent that I dont share, though I have tried! Enjoy your Summer sojurn!

Barbina said...

Your mandalas are looking really beautiful! I love sea glass too, but you rarely find it here at the beach. Have a wonderful summer break!

Lilac Haven said...

GLad you found some glass!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hi Judy! So fun perusing many of your posts and enjoying all of your lovely crochet and knitting creations. I have never made a mandala but would like to try my hand at it.

Kindly, Lorraine

Lorrie said...

Your crocheting is beautiful and so well done I would have never thought you were a beginner. Congratulations!
Love that dogwood and the glimpses of your garden. Enjoy!

pembrokeshire lass said...

Hi Judy, I am so glad that you hopped over. I look forward to getting to know you better as I've joined your followers. I, too, am new to crocheting and did my first bit last summer. I so enjoy it but, every now and then hanker for my knitting. It's good to be able to do both! I, too, have so enjoyed the tutorials as I have tried to learn and, also, have bought cotton yarn ready to 'have a go' at crocheting a mandela. Thanks for all your lovely pics. Joan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...